Chaplains are trained to assist persons using spiritual and religious resources, in times of wellness and crisis. Chaplains are members of the interdisciplinary team, documenting their ministry in the patients chart for the holistic care of patients and families.
After a spiritual screening by the admission nurse, chaplain can provide a spiritual assessment as well as:
- Meaningful prayer, scriptural ritual or sacramental experiences as resources for healing
- Access to websites and “apps” related to health and healing
- Connection to faith communities
- Palliative care consultation
- Advance care planning and completion of related forms
- End of life care
- Grief and bereavement support, including the Angels Away program and Common Burial
Chapel and Worship Services
The chapel is located on the first floor, near the cafeteria.
First Friday service, for the intentions of all patients, families, and associates is held on the first Friday of each month at 12 noon.
Other worship services are held periodically; see the Chapel signs for more information.
Contact the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – New Braunfels chaplains at 830-606-911, x 3763 or Mary Davis the Director of Spiritual Care and Education, at 210-704-2181.
You can also contact us online www.christushealth.org/echaplaincy